Simple Steps to Waterproofing just about anything.
Liquid Rubber products are designed to be easy to apply for the average Kiwi. Below is a brief overview and some helpful tips of how to apply. For more detailed, product specific instructions download our Product Information Sheets.
Applying Liquid Rubber:
- Ensure a clean, dry surface free from dust, dirt, oils, surface flaking, poorly boded or glossy paint, sealers, varnishes, salts or any other contaminants.
- Use Acetone as a conditioner on EPDM Roofs.
- Bridge joints, seams, cracks, vents etc with Liquid Rubber Seam Tape or use GEO Fabric as per instructions on product.
- Apply Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant with brush, roller or spray gun. Apply just like you would apply a layer of paint.
- Liquid Rubber cures to touch in seconds but the product does need to be left to cure and completely dry for 12 hours before topcoats are applied.
- Repeat. Apply a minimum of 2-3 coats and for a 1.5mm dry film thickness.
- Use all material up for final membrane.
- Apply your desired Topcoat product – Liquid Rubber Textured Topcoat or Liquid Rubber Smooth Topcoat with a brush, roller or spray gun (spray gun for Smooth Topcoat only). Again, apply just like you would apply a layer of paint. Only one layer of Topcoat is required.
- Leave to dry and cure for 24 hours.
- Clean equipment with soap and water before product cures and dries. Baby oil helps remove product from hands.